Preparation Time: 1 hour 20 minutes (chicken cubes needs to be marinated for about an hour)
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Recipe serves 6 pax
- 6 pieces of Fresh Chicken Thigh, debone and cut into cubes
- 2 litres of chicken stock
- 1 section (200g) lotus root, thinly sliced
- 250g organic bamboo shoot, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
- 200g white radish, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks celery, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 8 shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
- 200g bunch enoki mushroom
- 2 tsp of Chinese 5 spices
- 2 tbsp of Parsley
Marinate the chicken with the following:
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 4 tbsp Japanese cooking wine
- 4 tbsp of Japanese soya sauce
- 1 tbsp of ginger juice (grated is fine as well)
- 1 tbsp of fine sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- Marinate the chicken and set aside for an hour.
- In a large soup pot, add the chicken stock, lotus root and bamboo shoot. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then add carrot, radish, celery, onion, shiitake mushroom, enoki mushroom, Chinese 5 Spices and Parsley. Let it simmer for another 30 minutes
- Add the marinated chicken. Simmer until the chicken is just cooked.
- Adjust to taste by using soy sauce or salt.
- Remove from stove and serve.