The model-scouting social media contest is back for both male and female model hopefuls
Singapore, 17 July, 2018; ZALORA, Asia’s Online Fashion Destination, is proud to announce the return of Make Me A ZALORA Model, the first-ever regional model-scouting contest pushed through social media. Aspiring models from Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia and Philippines are invited to participate for a shot at becoming a ZALORA model and win coveted prizes, including a contract with a top Singapore modelling agency and a year’s worth of wardrobe from ZALORA. The contest will launch on Friday, 3rd August 2018 and will run for four weeks.
Launched in 2016, Make Me A ZALORA Model is an opportunity for aspiring models to fast-track their career and break into the modelling scene in Asia. The contest received over 6,000 entries last year and this year, ZALORA will continue to search for two winners and will be accepting entries from both men and women. ZALORA will be using Instagram as the platform for its search to find the next two fresh faces from the region and help them realise their dreams of becoming a professional model.
To enter the contest, interested participants can upload their best selfies or full-length photos to Instagram using the hashtag #MMAZMCycle3 and photo tag @zalora. Each week, participants from each country with the best photos will be picked as semi-finalists by a panel of judges and qualify for the next round. Only 12 contestants will emerge as finalists and be flown to Manila, Philippines for the Grand Finale where the winners of Make Me A ZALORA Model will be announced.
ZALORA Chief Operating Officer, Giulio Xiloyannis, commented: “As an Asian e-retailer, we aspire to build opportunities for the local players in the industry, including aspiring models, and give them their much-deserved international break. Make Me a ZALORA Model is an initiative that celebrates the diverse beauty in Asia and sends across the message of inclusivity and Asian representation on a regional stage.
The two winners of Make Me A ZALORA Model will walk away with attractive prizes including: a chance to be represented by one of the top Singapore modelling agencies, UpFront Models; a three-month paid modelling contract with ZALORA (based in ZALORA’s Regional Production Hub in Malaysia); a ZALORA wardrobe and a feature in a fashion editorial spread in ZALORA Magazine and campaign. The two contest winners will undergo a three-month modelling programme, serving as in-house models of ZALORA, giving them valuable experience to become a successful well-rounded international model.
CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY:
● Take a selfie and/or a full-length OOTD (outfit of the day), upload photo(s) to Instagram with hashtag #MMAZMCycle3 and tag @zalora
● Contestants can upload an unlimited number of different photos
● Contest is open to all male and female aged 18-years-old and above
● No photo-editing or face modifying apps are to be used
● Finalists must be available to travel to Manila for the Grand Finale from 3rd to 5th October 2018
● Winners must be available to be on contract with ZALORA for three (3) months
● Winners must be available to be represented by UpFront Models
● Semi-finalists need to be available for a casting at ZALORA office
● Deadline for entries: 31st August 2018, 12pm
● More information and full T&Cs at www.zalora.sg/make-me-a-zalora-model/
Ning Zhen Tan | PR Executive
email@example.com | +65 96255038
Jamie Alcantara | PR Coordinator