Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Recipe serves 4-6 pax
1 Kg of Chicken thighs (with skin on, you can remove the skin as well)
2/3 cup of Kikkoman Terayaki Chicken Marinade (Original)
2/3 cup of Water
2 Clove of Garlic, minced
2 Tsp of Grated Ginger
4 Tbsp of Brown Sugar (Adjust according to your taste)
4 Tbsp of Honey (Adjust according to your taste)
3 cups of Broccoli Florets
2 cups of Carrots, sliced
1 Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
(1) In a small measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the Kikkoman Terayaki Chicken Marinade (original), brown sugar, garlic, ginger and honey.
(2) Place the chicken in the Crock Pot or Slow Cooker (mine is 3.5L), add the sauce on top, place a lid on and cook on high for about 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
(3) For the vegetables, add them so at the very last 45 minutes of cooking to prevent them so they are still crunchy to taste.
(4) When ready, remove the chicken and veggies into separate plates and set aside.
(5) Use the remaining sauce from the crock pot and transfer it to a skillet on medium heat. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the 2 Tsp water and 1 Tsp cornstarch, add it to the simmering sauce, cook for a few minutes or until it thickens. Remove from stove and pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables. If you like, you can add spring onions on top of the chicken as garnish.